Work permits are issued by Ms. Jimenez in the College and Career Center. Here are the steps:
1. Pick up a Work Permit Request Form.
2. Find a job.
3. Make sure the following three sections of the form are filled out with original ink and signatures (this means copies, stamps, and faxes will not be accepted):
- The Student Information section must be filled out by you, the student.
- The Employer Information section must be filled out by your new employer.
- The Parent Authorization section must be signed and dated by your parents.
4. Return the Work Permit Request Form to the office with official proof of your birth date and age. Official proof is:
- A Student ID with your birth date and age
- An official California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) ID or driver's license
- A birth certificate accompanied by a photo ID with your name
- A passport
5. Once your Work Permit Request Form is certified with official proof, you will receive your work permit.
6. Congratulations on your new job!